Run With Us
*** We are taking a break this season from the Endurance Team to focus on YJ's "Better You" Challenge and focus on our athletes competing in the "Festivus Games." We will start a new run season in December ending with the Woodlands Half Marathon on March 1st, if we have the demand. ***
We want you to join our YJ ENDURANCE training program! Hate to RUN? Love to RUN? It doesn't matter! We are looking for athletes that are ready to step out of their comfort zone, push their limits and RUN! Kick off is SATURDAY, JANUARY 6th at 6:30am.
WHAT IS YJ ENDURANCE?
YJ ENDURANCE is a 9-week Run Training Program led by Coach Erin consisting of 2 weekly homework runs and Saturday group run. Training prepares runners for The Woodlands races on March 3rd, which has Half Marathon (13.1), Relay Marathon (6.5) and 5k(3.1) options.
Kick-off is Saturday, January 6th at 6:30am and finishes with The Woodlands race on Saturday,March 3rd. Weekly Saturday group runs end by 8:00am.
Yellow Jacket Fitness is our home base and many runs will start/end there, but we will also meet at various other locations through the season.
* Private YJ ENDURANCE facebook group to help communicate and motivate
* 9 weeks of programming with 2 homework runs and a Saturday Group Run each week
* Hydration stations set up on Saturday runs
* Various seminars by local health and fitness professionals
* Discount at The Woodlands NEW BALANCE store
* FUN social outings
$45 - YJ Unlimited Members
$115 - Non-members (training program only)
$180 - Add-on to training program. Includes 18 YJ Group Classes for non-members ($10/class for 2x week during 9 week training program)
* Desire to accomplish a goal
* Involved in at least 2-4 YJ classes a week (or other type of high intensity training)
* Prerequsite by January 2nd (speed does not matter): 3.1 group - run 400m (without stopping), 6.5 mile group - run 1 mile (minimal walking), 13.1 miles - run 3 miles (run/walk okay, but majority running).
* You do not have to have a relay team together already. We will help you find a team!
WHAT IF I CAN'T MAKE ALL THE WEEKS?
Weekly programming will be posted via facebook on Sundays for the following week. You can make up the runs on your own if you miss a group run. The best part of running is that you can do it ANYWHERE!
DO I HAVE TO RUN THE RACE TO PARTICIPATE?
No, although we highly encourage it so you have a goal to work towards.
I'M IN! WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Register HERE by creating your YJ account (or logging in if you already have an account). From there, click BUY, then SESSIONS, then select the YJ ENDURANCE program of your choice and click PURCHASE to the right. Feel free to call or drop by the studio if you want any help signing up. Also put January 6 on your calendar for the KICK OFF!
BREATHE... Signing up is the hardest part! Invite your friends to join you! The more the merrier in a run club so there are plenty of friends to run with. They do not have to be YJ members to join in on the FUN!